- In the course of operating the VitaBotanica Services, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date and gender. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a VitaBotanica Service, such as when you choose to subscribe to a VitaBotanica Service, enter a VitaBotanica promotion or choose to receive a VitaBotanica newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information.
- Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
- Use of Personal Information
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the VitaBotanica Services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the VitaBotanica Sites. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the VitaBotanica Services;
- If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from VitaBotanica or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, VitaBotanica or such sponsors or advertisers may send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such e-mail materials, follow the directions posted at the bottom of the e-mail material;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on a VitaBotanica Site, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
- VitaBotanica may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service VitaBotanica, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the VitaBotanica Services. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the VitaBotanica Services;
- as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to a VitaBotanica Service, to facilitate the provision of such VitaBotanica Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
- as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
- Links to Other Sites and Advertisements
- You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your Account or Registration Information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using a VitaBotanica Service or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won’t have access to your information.
- Accessing and Changing Account/Registration Information
- VitaBotanica provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete any Account or Registration Information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page in the Account or Registration section of the relevant VitaBotanica Service, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
- If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an e-mail to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
- If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
- Confidentiality Warning
Absent the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forging. VitaBotanica will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to VitaBotanica through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize VitaBotanica to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
- Consent to Electronic Communications
- When you visit VitaBotanica or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- By joining VitaBotanica, you acknowledge and agree that VitaBotanica will send member e-mails relating to their member account, transactions and VitaBotanica promotions. You can opt out of your subscription to VitaBotanica e-mail services at any time by logging in to VitaBotanica and selecting Notification Preferences under the heading Account Settings. You can also unsubscribe to special promotional e-mails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our e-mail communications under opt-in preferences.